THE CUSTOM EXPERIENCE
Your Liane Candice Fine Art Photography portrait experience has three stages. We begin with a design consultation in our studio. Here, we will decide the particulars of your custom photoshoot. We will discuss locations, clothing choices, and review areas of your home where you would like to display your family’s
portraiture. Sessions usually take about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on the session you chose. However, we allow an extra hour to accommodate anxious children. We ask that only the children being photographed attend the session. It can be very distracting to the child being photographed to have friends or
Your Art Exhibit will be scheduled about two weeks after your session. The best 20‐30 images will be displayed via projection. Based on your initial design consultation, Liane will personally select and edit these images for display. You will be able to view your images at actual size and choose the best possible composition for your space. We highly encourage you to secure a babysitter for this appointment, as you will be making important decisions for your home. This will be your opportunity to place an order and ask any additional questions, so please make sure all decision-makers are present. If for some reason you do not place your order at this appointment, a $50 rescheduling fee or a $400 deposit toward artwork will apply. Additional Exhibits are billed at $50. After your initial order is placed an online gallery may be made available at request for a maximum of 10 days. Additional charges may apply for extending the gallery deadline beyond 10 days.
Payment is due at the end of your exhibit. If you need to split up your order, we do offer payment plans for qualifying orders. We accept cash, checks, and major credit cards. Before production, you will be sent artwork to inspect for approval. Production will begin within after approval is received. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for the completion of your order. Custom Products may take longer. Orders cannot be changed after production begins. Due to the nature of our business, refunds and exchanges are not permitted. Any artwork you order will be archived and is available for six months. Unordered images are kept on file for 45 days, and cannot be guaranteed after that period.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. 100% of your creation fee is due when you book your session to reserve your time. The prepaid creation fee goes toward the time spent in planning and creating your portraits. The creation fee is nonrefundable. It is not a deposit and does not apply to the purchase of artwork or products.
2. Upon signature and payment, Liane Candice Fine Art Photography shall reserve the time and date agreed upon. All sitting fees and deposits are non‐refundable, even if the Session is rescheduled or canceled for any reason other than inclement weather or child illness as defined below.
a. When working with small children we understand that illness goes with the territory. We ask that the client give the studio 24‐48 hour notice if you cannot make an appointment. With appropriate notice, we will be happy to reschedule your appointment and apply all or a portion of your creation fee to the new appointment.
b. As of yet, we have not figured out how to control the weather. If you are having an outdoor shoot, the weather may prevent us from shooting. We will let you know as soon as possible and reschedule your appointment. If in the opinion of the photographer, inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the creation of a portrait meeting the artistic standards of Liane Candice Fine Art Photography, the photographer may elect to use an alternate location or to reschedule the portrait session.
3. We thank you for trusting us to create artwork for your family. We ask you to please leave your camera at home. It is understood that Liane Candice Fine Art Photography is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested on this Contract. Violation of this restriction may incur a fee up to $75.00 or immediate cancellation of the session without a refund.
4. Liane Candice Fine Art Photography may substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of Studio/Photographer’s illness or of scheduling conflicts. In the event of such substitution, Liane Candice Fine Art Photography warrants that the photographer taking the photographs shall be a competent professional.
5. If Liane Candice Fine Art Photography cannot perform this Contract due to fire or other casualties, strike, an act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to Photographer’s illness or emergency, then the Photographer shall return any deposit or sitting fee to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event Liane Candice Fine Art Photography fails to perform for any other reason, Liane Candice Fine Art Photography shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
6. Liane Candice Fine Art Photography reserves the right to use images created under this contract for advertising, display, publication or other purposes. The Client signing this contract warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this
manner and shall indemnify and defend the Liane Candice Fine Art Photography in the event of litigation arising out of such use. We require all persons photographed by Liane Candice Fine Art Photography to sign a model release.
7. Negatives, digital files, and previews remain the exclusive property of Liane Candice Fine Art Photography. Limited Digital Licenses are available for purchase separately or with certain products. No files will be included unless a License is purchased.
8. The Client is aware that color dyes in photography may fade or discolor over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes, and the Client releases the Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon fading or discoloration due to such inherent qualities.
9. The charges in this Contract are based on the Studio’s Standard Price List. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed.
10. An online gallery may be made available at request after the initial order is placed at the Artwork Exhibit for a maximum of 10 days. Additional charges apply for extending the gallery beyond 10 days.
11. There will be a charge of $40.00 for all returned checks. Should a check be returned, production will stop and will not continue until the entire balance is paid in full, and has cleared. We reserve the right to require an alternate payment method should a check be returned non‐sufficient funds.
12. Credits, Gift Cards, and special offers are non‐transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
13. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce these photographs or videos elsewhere without Studio’s/Photographer’s permission, and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. It is understood that it is illegal to scan, copy, or reproduce in any way without proper licensing. This Contract incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Contract must be in writing and signed by both parties.